Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dear Sarah:

Sarah writes:


I seem to always have this argument with people about love and lust soo I was wondering what is your opinion again on differentiating between the two, love and lust...love and lustttt....is love lust? is lust love? *pulls her hair out*




Dear Sarah,


Ask one question, or a hundred. I don't mind answering them... that's why I am here. As for the question of love versus lust. Its not hard for me to answer that one, as I have thought about it for many years. I once thought that love was a passionate attraction to another person, so much so that you could not breathe without them. I don't think that way anymore. I now know that love is sacrificing your own needs for another, just so they will not go wanting. It is supporting them day in and day out, because their dreams are worth seeing through. It is about giving all of yourself, not just the best parts. Love is real, when you can be so angry at that special person that you feel like blasting off into space on sheer rage power, and still knowing that theirs is a face you want to see for the rest of your days. The key here, is that you must receive the same in return. It does happen. Lust, I now identify as that passionate embrace. You can't see your night ending without them... but its just as far as that. Love is easy... to a degree. It comes without your knowing, and it slips in so easily that you may not even realize its happening. But it also takes hard work. Its hard to mesh two completely different lives together, and one must allow for a degree of resistance. That's just my opinion. 



1 comment:

Mizaki Cupcake Verlack said...

...Wow...that was overwhelming to read. I needed a few days to get over it before I decided to reply. *Takes a deep breath* I mostly agree with all what you said which scares me a bit because it’s almost all my thoughts put into proper words, except for a few aspects here and there. For my next question, I was talking to a few people the topic of suicide came up.
Do you think people who commit suicide should be pitied? Do you consider them strong or weak people? (I know it may come out as a harsh question but…I don’t know I am kind of double sided when it comes to this topic.)